Raising a Complaint in the Department
- talk to their line manager or someone in their line management chain
- if this is difficult, talk to your organisation's Nominated Officer, whocan advise you about the Code. If you cannot find details for your Nominated Officer, please Contact Us
- give the department or agency time to consider the complaint
- if not satisfied with the response, refer the complaint to the Commission (see below)
Before contacting the Commission, please consider the flowchart below:
or in writing to:
Civil Service Commission
- explain why you consider the actions you have been asked to take (or the actions taken by others) are wrong and in breach of the Code.
- explain why you consider your department's internal procedures have not resolved your concern.
- forward the correspondence with your department or agency about the matter.
You may find it helpful to review the outcome of previous complaints brought to the Commission.