The Civil Service Commission regulates recruitment to the Civil Service, providing assurance that appointments are on merit after fair and open competition. It also helps promote the Civil Service values of Honesty, Integrity, Objectivity and Impartiality, and hears complaints under the Civil Service Code. The Commission is independent of Government and the Civil Service.
- CSC announces special arrangements to enable Departments to temporarily recruit skills needed for Brexit
- CSC publishes new guidance on Recruitment Principles complaints
- CSC publishes new guidance on the Civil Service Code
- See questions and answers from Open Week 2016
- Ian Watmore appointed as First Civil Service Commissioner
The Civil Service Commissioners
Read the biographies of the Commissioners