The Civil Service Commission regulates recruitment to the Civil Service, providing assurance that appointments are on merit after fair and open competition. It also helps promote the Civil Service values of Honesty, Integrity, Objectivity and Impartiality, and hears complaints under the Civil Service Code. The Commission is independent of Government and the Civil Service.
Sir David Normington GCB
First Civil Service Commissioner
- The Commission responds to the IFG report on Permanent Secretary appointments.
- Andrew Flanagan has been appointed as a new Civil Service Commissioner.
- Civil Service Commission held a virtual ‘Open Week’ 18-22 March 2013.
- David Normington gives evidence to the Public Administration Select Committee as part of its inquiry into the future of the Civil Service.
- David Normington speaks at an IFG seminar on the appointment of Permanent Secretaries.
- David Normington has written to The Times in reply to a letter about Permanent Secretary recruitment.
- The Commission responds to proposals in the Civil Service Reform Plan.
- The Commission issues Press Notice on Ministerial involvement in Permanent Secretary appointments.
- Clare Salters has been appointed as the Civil Service Commission’s new Chief Executive