How we work
The downloadable documents on this page explain how the Commission operate.
The Commission’s powers and responsibilities are laid down in the Constitutional Reform and Governance Act 2010.
Memorandum of Understanding between the Commission and Cabinet Office.
The day to day working practices of the Commission are decided by the Board and these are known as Standing Orders.
The Civil Service Commissioners and their staff form the Civil Service Commission. Civil Service Commissioners form the Board of the Commission.
The Board of the Commission has overall collective responsibility and decision making for the key policy frameworks governing the Commission’s regulatory activities and its governance, employment, risk control and accountability arrangements.
Below are links to some of the Commission’s key Standing Orders:
- Commission Regulatory Delegations – July 2014
- Audit and Risk Committee terms of reference.
- Financial and operational delegations and responsibilities from the Commission to the Chief Executive.
- Role of the Board and Standing Committees terms of reference and membership.
- Code of Practice for Commissioners.
- Code of Practice for Staff.